ORBIS supporters, known as Advocates for Sight, share a common belief in the urgent need to end avoidable blindness. This shared belief motivates our supporters to volunteer their time and expertise, raise funds, donate equipment and raise public awareness. The pathways to giving are as unique as you are. Become an Advocate for Sight and make a difference in the world. Here are just a few ideas to help you get started:
- Create your own online fundraising page. After completing a simple form, you can e-mail the link to your fundraising page to your friends and family to publicize your effort.
- Leave a collection box at different locations around town. Consider take-out restaurants, shops and university student centers. Ask relatives and friends to take boxes with them to their school or office. The list of possible venues is endless.
- Give a presentation. Speak about ORBIS before clubs, civic groups and religious organizations and take up a collection afterward.
- Sponsor a booth. Distribute pamphlets on ORBIS at cultural events pertaining to the countries ORBIS has a permanent office in:
Vietnam. Have a collection box at the table.
- Offer lessons. Do you have a talent? Offer singing lessons, with the money going to ORBIS. Do you cook? Prepare a full-course dinner, or offer cooking lessons, with the proceeds going to ORBIS. Do you excel in sports? Offer golf lessons, tennis lessons or skating lessons, with the fees you charge going to ORBIS.
- Hold car washes and bake sales. Hold a car wash, bake sale or any of the other tried-and-true methods of raising money for a cause.
Click here for additional fundraising ideas.
For further information on planning your event or to see examples of other people's projects, see: